您的位置:首页 > 其它

2013-05-11《第34课情景对话》

2013-11-30 20:30 369 查看
Dialogue1:

A:
It’s really cold out today.

   外面真够冷的。

B: I know. It kind of reminds me of  that trip we
took  with Mom and Dad to Canada.

  
我知道,这个天气让我想起我们跟爸爸妈妈一起去加拿来大那次旅程。

A: you mean the one we took when we were very young?

   你是指我们很小的时候的那一次吗?

B: yes. Yes you may  have  been
too young to remember.

   是的。你可能太小,记不起了。

A: No. I remember the trip. I don’t remember how cold it
was  though.

   不。我记那那次旅程。只是我不记得有多冷了。

B: That because Mom had you wrapped up very warm. It was cold
though.

   那是因为妈妈把你包得暖烘烘的。但天气的确是很冷。

A: I guess so. I wonder why she didn’t keep you 
as warm? Maybe she didn't love you as much.

  
我想也是的。我想知道她怎么不把你也包得像我一样暖和。可能她没那么爱你。

B: you are not funny. Any way. I wanted to play in the snow.

  
你这么说一点都不好笑。不管怎么说,我那时就是想在雪里玩。

A: we don’t have much snow here in Florida

   我们在佛罗里达这里不会有很多雪。

B: that's why a day so  unusually cold like this
reminds me of that trip..

  
那就是为什么像这样冷得不同寻常的时候我想起那次旅程。

A: where exactly did we  go in 
Canada?

   我们确切地说是到了加拿大的哪里?

B: we went to Toronto and New Found land. we stayed in a cabin out
there

我们去了多伦多和纽芬。我们住在效外的一间旧木屋里。

A: That’s right. I remember the cabin

   说得对。我记得那间木屋。

B: It was very nice maybe I should take my family on a vacation
like that.

   那次旅程真好。也许我该带我家人像那样度一次假。

A: your kids might enjoy it

你的孩子可能会喜欢.

B: yes. They would. They haven’t seen snow yet.

  是的。他们会的。他们还没见过雪呢。

A:Let me know what  you plan to
do.


你准备好了就告诉我。

B:I will. I certainly will.

   我会。我当然会的


 

Dialogue2

A:That was a good basketball game today.


今天那场篮球赛真不错。

B:Yeah. It was. I actually felt young again.

是啊。事实上我觉得自己又回到了年轻的时候。

A:It was probably one of my best games since high school.

这可能是我高中以来表现得最出色的比赛之一了。

B:Yeah. It seemed like everything just worked right today.

是啊。今天好像什么事情都得心应手。

A: do you remember that game we played against Lincoln High
School?

你还记得我们对林肯中学的那场比赛吗?

B: do you mean the one in our senior year? How could I possibly
forget? That was our best game ever.

你是说我们毕业那年的那一场吗?我怎么可能忘记呢?那是我们有史以来最精彩的比赛。

A:I wish I was that good now at basketball.

我希望我现在的篮球还能打得那样好。

B:Me too. But I guess that’s a part of getting older.

我也是,但我想那是变老的过程的一部分。

A:What’s a part of getting older?

什么是变老过程的一部分?

B:Accepting that you’re not young anymore!

接受你不再年轻的事实。

A:Maybe so, but that game we played today for our company made me
feel young enough.

也许是这样吧,但我们今天为公司打的这场比赛让我觉得自己足够年轻了。

B:You’re right. Remember what we used to do after a game back
then?

你说的对。记得我们那时打完比赛后干什么吗?

A:Yes. I do. We’d steal beers from your dad’s refrigerator and
drink them.

记得,我们会从你爸爸的冰箱里偷啤酒喝。

B:Well. We’re too old to steal. Let’s go get some beers.
Though.

我们现在要偷的话,太老了,我们这就去喝些啤酒吧。

A:Good idea. You lead the way.

好主意,你带路。


 

 

 

Dialogue 3

A: Do you want to go the beach with me next weekend?

你想下周末跟我一起到海滩去吗?

B:Sure. Are you driving?

   
当然想,你驾车吗?

A:Is that a problem? I’m a good driver.

那有什么问题吗?我是个驾车高手呢。

B:I hope you’re better then you were in college.

我希望你比大学的时候好些吧。

A:What are you talking about? College was ten years ago.

你在说什么,大学已经是10年前的事了。

B:You don’t remember when you borrowed your dad’s car on
Christmas?

你不记得那一次圣诞节借你爸爸的车了吗?

A:That’s right! I almost forgot. I drove it into a mailbox.

对!我几乎忘了。我开着车撞翻了一个邮筒。

B:I don’t know how you forgot. Your dad was so upset.

我不知道你是怎么忘记的,弄到你爸爸那么不开心。

A:I know. That was the last time I ever drove his car.

我知道,那是我最后一次驾他的车了。

B:Remember he thought you had been drinking?

记得他以为你酒后驾驶吗?

A:Yes. He couldn’t believe that I was sober and driving that
bad.

记得,他不能相信我没喝酒却把车开得那么糟糕。

B:Why did you hit that mailbox anyway?

你究竟是怎么撞上那邮筒的?

A:I just wasn’t paying attention. I’d only been driving for a few
months.

我就是没注意到,我只是开了几个月的车而已。

B:I hope you’re a better driver now if you’re driving to the
beach.

如果是你负责驾车去海滩的话,我希望你现在的驾车技术好一点了。

A:Of course. I’m better now. after that accident. I had to get
better.

我现在当然好多了,那次意外以后,我不得不把技术练好些。

B:Okay. I trust you to drive next weekend.

好吧。我就指望你下个周末驾车。

A:Good, but I didn’t say that I wanted to drive.

好的,但我没说过我想当司机。

Bon’t look at me. You’re the good driver now. Remember?

别看着我,你现在是驾车高手了,忘了吗?


 

 

Dialogue
4


A:This
is pretty nice restaurant you’ve found.

  你找的这间餐厅真不错。

B:I know. It’s one of the best Italian restaurants in the
city.

   我知道,这是城里最好的意大利餐厅之一。

A:That reminds me of this kid I knew in elementary school.

   那让我想起我在小学认识的这个小孩。

B:How? I have to hear this story.

   
怎么说来?我得听听这个故事。

A:There was the one kid who could eat spaghetti noodles through his
nose.

那是一个可以用鼻子吃意大利通粉的孩子。

B:That’s disgusting! How did he do that?

那太恶心了!他怎么吃的?

A:I guess it’s easy. He’d just inhale a long noodle through his
nose and then down into his throat.

我想不难,他就是把一条长长的面条从鼻子里吸进去,然后落到喉咙里。

B:That’s really disgusting. I’m surprised he didn’t get sick.

那实在是恶心,我很惊讶他怎么不会得病。

A:Sometimes he did have trouble with that trick.

有时候他玩那个把戏时也会遇上麻烦。

B:What happened?

发生什么事?

A:He’d sneeze and the noodle would fly back onto the plate.

他会打喷嚏,那面条呢就会飞回盘子里。

B:That story almost ruined my dinner. Why did you tell me
that?

这故事几乎让我吃不下了,你为什么要告诉我呢?

A:You asked me to tell you.

是你叫我告诉你的。

B:Remind me next time not to ask to hear one of your stories before
I eat.

下次提醒我在我吃之前不要叫你给我讲任何故事。

A:Okay. That’s fair. Anyway. Let’s eat. I’m starving.

好的,那还算公平一点,不管怎么说,我们吃吧,我饿坏了。

B:I am too. Although I’m not as hungry as I was a few seconds
earlier.

我也是,虽然我没有几秒钟之前那么饿了。

A:By the way. That kid was myself.

顺便告诉你,那个小孩就是我本人。

B:I should have known. You’re very talented. Just don’t do that at
dinner tonight.

我就该知道,你真是聪明绝顶,不过今晚吃饭就不要再那样做了。

A:I promise not to.

我保证不会。


 

 

Dialogue 5

A:Hey. We need to take another trip like we did in college.

嗨,我们需要像大学时那样再去玩一趟。

B:Which one? The trip to Europe?

大学的哪一次?去欧洲那一次吗?

A:Yes. Of course. That was a good time.

是的,当然是那一次,那次玩得真开心。

B:That’s not practical. We have families and jobs now. we can’t
just go away whenever we want.

那不现实,我们现在有家庭有工作,我们不能想走就走了。

A:Maybe not. But it’s still fun to think about.


Remember when you
had to sell some of your clothes in Germany because you ran out of
money?

也许不能吧,但想想还是蛮有乐趣的,记得你在德国时把钱用光了而不得不卖掉

你的一些衣服吗?

B:I didn’t run out of money. My wallet was stolen.

我没有用光钱,是我的钱包被偷了。

A:That’s right! On the bus in Berlin.

对!在柏林的汽车上。

B:Yes. And then later I found that extra money in the bottom of my
suitcase.

是的,然后过了一会我发现我的行李箱底还有多余的钱。

A:It was nice of your father to pack that in there for you.

多亏你爸爸替你把钱藏在那里。

B:I think it was just his way of showing how much smarter he is
than me.

我想他就是以这种方式来表明他如何比我聪明。

A:He’s probably right.

他也许是对的。

B:Yes. He probably is right.

是的,他也许是对的。

A:Anyway. Maybe we could plan a trip to Europe again. Take the
wives and kids with us.

不管怎么说,也许我们可以计划再去欧洲一趟,就把妻子小孩都带上。

B:do you really think so? It would be a lot of work.

你真是那样想的吗?那可要费不少工夫。

A:Yes. But it would be worth it. I guess you’d have to stay away
from the girls this time. Though.

是的,但是会值得的,不过我想你这一次要远离那些小姐妹了。

B:Yes. I definitely would. I’ll talk to my wife about a trip and
see what she thinks.

我当然会,我会跟我妻子谈谈旅游的事,看看她怎么想。

A:I’ll do the same. This could be a lot of fun.

我也要,这样一次旅程一定会充满乐趣。
内容来自用户分享和网络整理,不保证内容的准确性,如有侵权内容,可联系管理员处理 点击这里给我发消息
标签: