您的位置:首页 > 其它

2013-05-11《第33课情景对话》

2013-11-30 20:30 162 查看
Dialogue1:

A:
Where are you going?

   你要到哪儿去?

B: I’m going to the store. I need to buy some new razor
blades.

   我要到商店去。我需要买些新的剃须刀片。

A: At this hour? It’s almost midnight.

   在这个时候?差不多半夜了。

B: I know. But I have a job interview tomorrow. I’m out of sharp
razors.

  
我知道。但我明天要去面试一份工作。我没有锋利的刀片了。

A: I guess you don’t want to make a bad impression with a bad
shave.

   我猜你是不想因为胡须理得不好而给人留下坏印象。

B: Exactly. To be honest. I hate shaving every day.

   完全正确。老实说。我讨厌每天刮胡子。

A: I can’t sympathize. I don’t have to shave every day.

   我帮不了你。我不需要每天刮胡子。

B: Some guys don’t. they’re lucky. I have to. Or I start to look
like a bear.

  
有些人就是不用。他们是幸运的。我就必须得刮。不然我看起来会像一只熊一样。

A: Maybe you should let yourself look like a bear.

   也许你就该让你自己看起来像一只熊。

B: Very funny. What kind of job or girlfriend. Would I get
then?

   你说的好笑。那我还会有什么工作,或女朋友呢?

A: That’s true. But then you wouldn’t have to shave every
day.

   那倒是真的。但你就不用每天刮胡子了。

B: Some things are worth the trouble.

   有些事情是值得这些麻烦的。

A: As long as you’re happy. I’m happy. Anyway. You’d better go
before the store closes

  
只要你高兴。我就高兴了。不管怎么说。你最好快点走。免得商店关门了。

B: Right. I’ll be back in a little bit.

   对。我很快回来。


 

 

Dialogue2:

A:
Look at the time . It’s five minutes past nine.

   看看是什么时间?现在是9:05了。

B: I guess I’m late for work again.

   我想我又迟到了。

A: I hate to ask. But why are you late so often?

   我真不想问。但你怎么老是迟到呢?

B: If you must know. It's because I usually take too long eating
breakfast.

  
如果你一定要知道的话。我告诉你。是因为我吃早餐吃的太久了。

A: Really? I almost never eat breakfast especially during the
week.

   是吗?我几乎从不吃早餐。尤其是周日期间。

B: I don’t see how you do that. I have to eat breakfast every
day.

   我不明白你怎么办得到的。我每天都得吃早餐。

A: Why? Is it a habit for you?

   为什么?是你的习惯吗?

B: No. if I don’t eat breakfast. Then I don’t have enough energy
during the day.

   不是。如果我不吃早餐的话,我整天都会精力不足。

A: I guess I’m lucky that I don’t have that problem.

   我想我很幸运没有那个问题。

B: Yes . you do. Do you notice how tired you get later in the
morning?

  
你有的。你留意到早上过一段时间以后你是多久疲倦吗?

A: That’s when I drink coffee to wake me up.

   那就是我需要喝咖啡提神的时候了。

B: That works. But it’s artificial. You’re not really getting any
real energy.

  
那是可行。但只是人为的而已。你实际上并没有得到任何能量补充。

A: Maybe. But I’m not late for work, either.

   也许吧。但我不会上班迟到。

B: Work is not the most important part of life.

   工作不是人生最重要的部分。

A: It is for me.

    Let’s just
say that breakfast is a daily habit for you and coffee is a daily
habit for me.

   对我而言是的。

   
让我们这么说吧,早餐是你的日常习惯。而咖啡是我的日常习惯。

B: Breakfast is not a habit. It’s a healthy way to live.

   早餐不是一个习惯。而是一种健康的生活方式。

A: I’d love to talk about this more. But I’ve got to get back to
work.

    We can talk
more over coffee later.

   我乐意就这个话题再多说一些,只是我得回去工作了。

  
我们可以待会儿边喝咖啡边谈。


 

 

Dialogue3:

A:
Did you check your e-mail today?

   你今天查过电邮了吗?

B: No. I didn’t have time. why?

   没有。我没时间。有什么事吗?

A: Our friend Steve just got a new job in Chicago.

   我们的朋友斯蒂夫刚刚在芝加哥找到一份新工作。

B: That’s great. By the way. Do you check your e-mail every
day?

   那太好了。顺便问一下,你每天都查电邮的吗?

A; Every morning and night. It’s a habit. I like to stay
informed.

   每天早晚。习惯了。我喜欢保持消息灵通。

B: What are you afraid of missing? I doubt your life is that
exciting.

  
你担心错过什么呢?我真怀疑你的生活有没有那么刺激。

A: Very funny. If I’m already on the internet. Why not take an
extra minute to look for new e-mail.

  
你这么说真好笑。如果我已经上网了。干吗不多用几分钟看看有没有新邮件呢?

B: I don’t. because half of my e-mail is just advertisements. It’s
garbage.

  
我不会。因为我的邮件中一半都是广告而已。简直就是垃圾。

A: Mine too. But I still like to know what’s going on.

   我的也是。但我还是想知道正在发生什么事。

B: Well. Then I can count on you to tell me what’s happening with
our friends.

   那我就指望你告诉我关于我们的朋友的事情啦。

A: Don’t worry. I won’t let you down on that job.

   别担心。那项工作,我不会令你失望的。

B: I know. That’s what I think is so funny.

  
我知道。那就是我觉得好笑的地方。


 

 

 

Dialogue4:

A: I
thought I saw you out running this morning.

   我想我今天早上看到你在外面跑步。

B: You probably did. I was out jogging

   你可能真的看到。我出去慢跑了。

A: That’s good. Do you go every morning?

   那很好。你每天早上都跑吗?

B: I try to. Unless the weather’s bad or I’m not feeling
well.

   我尽量做到。除非天气不好或者我身体不适。

A: Really? I never feel well. If that means jogging at
sunrise.

  
真的吗?如果有一天早起来慢跑才算是身体好的话,我的身体就从来没好过

B: Does that mean you don’t enjoy running?

   你的意思是说你不喜欢跑步吗?

A: It certainly does. Especially so early.

   当然。尤其是那么早。

B: I understand that. It’s hard to get out of bed in the morning a
lot of times.

   我明白。要天天早上从被窝里起来是很难的。

A: Then why you do it?

   那你为什么这样做呢?

B: It’s become a habit. I don’t feel awake in the morning unless I
go running first.

  
已成习惯了。如果我不先跑跑步的话,我上午会感到没精神的。

A: I guess I could see how that might be true. But I rather get a
big more sleep.

   我想我能明白当中的道理。但我情愿多睡一会。

B: I have to get up out of bed and start to get dressed before I
can think about it.

   我要在我考虑起不起床之前就要必须起床穿衣了。

A: The alarm goes off and you get up immediately.

   闹钟一响,你就马上起床。

B: Yes. Immediately. Otherwise. I’ll realize how tired I feel and
just fall back asleep.

  
是的。马上。不然,我就会意识到我是多么疲倦。然后又倒下去睡了。

A: What about when it’s cold in the morning?

   当早上很冷的时候呢?

B: Like any other activity. I just wear warmer clothes.

   就像任何其他活动一样。我穿上御寒的衣服就是了。

A; I guess that makes sense.

   我相信那有道理。

B: Maybe you should come with me sometime.

   也许你应该找个时候跟我一起出去。

A: Maybe not. You have fun. I’ll sleep late.

  
也许不要了吧。你找你的乐子,我睡我的懒觉。


 

 

Dialogue5:

A: What are you doing now?

   你正在干什么?

B: I’m going home to water my plants.

   我正要回家去给我的植物浇水。

A: Do you have to do that every day?

   你每天都要做这件事吗?

B: Of course. Don’t you need water every day?

   当然。难道你不是每天都需要水吗?

A: I hadn’t thought of it like that. Do you have to do anything
else to take care of them?

  
我没想过种花要那样的。你还要做什么别的事情来照料它们吗?

B: Not really, I just have to give them plenty of sunlight and some
plant food.

  
实际上没什么。我只须要给它们足够的阳光和一些养料。

A: That’s not too much work.. but isn’t it hard to do it every
day?

   那也不是太多活。但要天天如此也不容易。不是吗?

B: Sometimes it’s not convenient. But it’s easier than taking care
of a child.

   有时候有点麻烦。但总比照顾一个小孩容易。

A: What does that I have to do with the subject?

   那跟带小孩有什么关系?

B: One day I want a child. If I can’t take care of a plant. How can
I take care of a child.

  
有一天我会想要一个小孩的。如果我连一株植物都照顾不好,我怎么能照顾好一个孩子呢?

A: So. The plant is just practice for  raising a
child?

   那么说,养花是养孩子的练习啦?

B: No. not really. It’s just something I tell myself in order to be
responsible.

  不完全是。我只是为了让自己有责任心才这样告诫自己的。

A: Oh. I see. Well. I’d better not keep you from your plants.

  
哦。我明白了。那么我还是不要妨碍你去照料的花草了。

B: You can come with me and see what I have to do.

   你可以跟我来看看我要做些什么。

A: Okay. This could be fun. Maybe I’ll learn something too.

   好的。这定会很有趣。可能我还会学到一点东西。

B: Maybe so. Let’s go.

  也许吧。我们走。


 

 
内容来自用户分享和网络整理,不保证内容的准确性,如有侵权内容,可联系管理员处理 点击这里给我发消息
标签: